Happily Ever Lirio Details
As we approach our 1st anniversary, I’m taking a look back at the best day ever and sharing all the Disney touches from our magical day!
At our rehearsal dinner, my bridesmaids gifted me a zip-up sweatshirt to wear while getting ready. It says Mrs. Lirio on the back in the Disney font!
I also always wear these Mickey earrings. Every day. They never leave my ears. I had to keep them in for the wedding. I wouldn’t be me without them. 🙂
I had a subtle amount of sparkle (just right for me) in my veil and dress and had custom-dyed red shoes covered in rhinestones to finish it all off.
Each of our tables was named for a different Disney movie and the signs on the tables featured the movie name in its own font and a silhouette of the couple from the movie. Our escort cards featured that same silhouette (only smaller) in the bottom corner of the front of the card and the inside had the movie name in its own font.
Aside from the song hubby danced with his mom to, all the music for the ceremony, special dances, and cake cutting were Disney.
- Our parents walked down the aisle to an instrumental of Just Around the Riverbend (Pocahontas)
- My bridesmaids walked down the aisle to an instrumental of Once Upon a Dream (Sleeping Beauty)
- My Daddy walked me down the aisle to an instrumental of Beauty and the Beast
- Our recessional song was the instrumental of Strangers Like Me (Tarzan)
- At the end of cocktail hour, before our DJ did all the intros into the reception, we had him play I’ll Make a Man Out of You (Mulan) because my husband told me he loved me for the very first time after we sang that song in the car together
- It didn’t really fit anywhere else, but it had to be included somewhere
- Our parents were introduced into the reception to Circle of Life (The Lion King)
- Our wedding party was introduced into the reception to I Just Can’t Wait to Be King (The Lion King)
- We were introduced for the very first time as Mr. & Mrs. Lirio to True to Your Heart (Mulan)
- Our first dance was the Elton John version of Can You Feel the Love Tonight (The Lion King)
- My Daddy and I danced to You’ll Be in My Heart (Tarzan)
- We cut the cake to an instrumental version of Be Our Guest (Beauty and the Beast)
Speaking of cake. Our cake and topper were some of my favorite wedding details. I was never one who had every detail of my whole wedding planned out since childhood. Except for the cake. For some reason, I have always envisioned a topsy-turvy cake where each layer looked different from the outside and had different filling on the inside. Thus, our Alice in Wonderland style cake came into fruition and I was so thrilled.
We borrowed my parents’ Mickey cake cutter and server to use to cut the cake and they were a perfect, subtle touch.
While I have always had the dream of wearing a Cinderella dress, my husband has always dreamt of being Batman. So, my favorite compromise of all was our cake topper, which featured Cinderella and Batman together atop our amazing cake. That one item perfectly sums up us, our love, and our silly relationship and I just love it.
We wanted a whimsical and fairtytale feel about the whole day, so even items that didn’t have outright Disney details still felt magical. The bouquets weren’t too tightly formed and, in addition to flowers, featured red berries and trailing ivy.
We had small twinkle lights strung above the tables and little candles lit everywhere. Our centerpieces featured both flowers and small lanterns with candles in them.
We also wanted to make sure everyone was comfortable and had everything they could possibly need, so we had baskets of flip-flops by the dance floor and a basket full or necessities in the ladies’ room.
After we got engaged (in the Magic Kingdom, in front of the castle, but that’s a story for a different post) my in-laws sent us bride and groom hats with our names embroidered on the back. Of course we had to incorporate those into the wedding! The sat featured on the gift table for everyone to admire as they entered and exited the venue.
Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful look back to the most magical day of my life. I can’t believe it’s been a year already and can’t wait to keep having more magical adventures with the wonderful man I get to call my husband! ❤